Thursday, September 11, 2008

Learning Japanese

I chose to study Japanese because I love Japanese culture and history. I also hope to someday be able to study in Japan and read Japanese literature without translation. I also love learning languages and wanted to challenge myself by learning a non-Romance language with a difficult system of writing. I'm really excited to be able to communicate proficiently in the target language, especially with my Japanese speaking friends. I'd say writing and memorizing hiragana has been the most challenging aspect of this class so far but it is definitely rewarding to be able to write and read some words!

3 comments:

Hamada said...

I am sure that memorizing hiragana while learning new words and grammar points has been challenging for you, but I am glad that you are learning a lot! Hiragana will be very easy soon :)

Sam said...

Katy! You and your language abilities never fail to impress me...I'm glad we met and are Japanese buddies! And hey, we didn't do too bad on our Hiragana quiz today huh? Talk to you tomorrow!

tatakimasu said...

Hey Katy,

I'm as anxious to study and learn Japanese as you are! Hopefully I will get to study abroad senior year at a Japanese campus... doesn't that sounds great? こんぴゅたのエンジニアです。 So by going to Japan, hopefully I will be able to do some computer programming.